Website Maintenance & Support
Hello website visitor and thank you for your interest in Odin Creative for your web needs! This page is going to outline all of the in-and-outs of how the Odinsons (and Odindaughters) provide all of the awesome maintenance and support for Odin’s clients. If you’re not currently a client of Odin Creative, then please contact us about your web needs. Feel free to read on though too. No pressure really.
Before we cover the policies and offerings, please read the following. It does have a point, we promise. As you may or may not have noticed, Odin Creative’s name is based on Odin from Norse Mythology. The old-school Odin from the mythos was a bit, well, “weirder” than our preferred version from the Marvel comics. In the comics version, Odin has crazy awesome powers stemming from the Odin Force. It pretty much gives the comic book authors the flexibility for Odin to do whatever Odin wants. It does have one drawback though: Odin has to go into the Odin Sleep to recharge the Odin Force. In a sense, Odin is like our smartphones, eh? Oh, we mean they do awesome and “mystical” stuff but have to recharge after a while.
Anyway, all of the above is to say that our team is like Odin. We can make some pretty mythological web stuff happen but we do have to recharge our superpowers occasionally. Therefore we don’t offer 24/7 support 365 days a year (or 366 on those weird leap years). Check out the nifty little bullet point list of what we do and how we do it.
- During normal business hours, support is provided via our standard hourly rate or your discounted rate if you have an active maintenance agreement.
- We do our best to reply to your requests within 1 business day and not just via an automated computer response.
- We take care of issues in the order they are received. First in, first out kind of deal.
Did you break something or need help “yesterday” but it’s NOT Normal Business Hours? First, take a deep breath. It’s going to be ok. Feel better? Alrighty then. Read below for Emergency support info.
- Support is provided at time and half our normal hourly rate or your discounted rate if you have an active maintenance agreement.
- Emergency support is not guaranteed. We don’t sit by the phone after hours hoping we’ll get a call unlike some people do after a bad breakup.
- If we’re available then we’ll contact you back and jump right on the issue for you.
Some things to note
We use Pantheon for all of our client websites except for Weebly and Shopify websites. The great thing about all three of these platforms is that they have 99.99% uptime. This means they are RARELY down and when they are it’s for very brief periods of time.
Thor Odinson might go in hammer blazing but we take a methodical approach to our coding to limit the likelihood of something breaking “for no apparent reason”. This is also referred to as “cowboy coding” and all this translates into less potential problems for your website.
As with all Odin Creative’s stuff, if you have any questions or issues then please contact us for clarification. We’re happy to help and would love to talk with you.